Friday, December 11, 2009

2 So...Anyone Notice The Mos Def Video Up There?

...Yea, the one right there in the top right corner of my Blog (On The Homepage).


Notice anything...peculiar about it? Hmmm, watch it again.

Nothing?

Hit The Jump for the PICS.




Oh Hai Dere.
(Not All My Pics)
image

image

image

image

image

image
http://i49.tinypic.com/e66m0z.jpg
image



"YOUNG DANTE, FLACO BEY, THAT'S THE BUSINESS!"
All black
Sign of the Horns
3-fingered Mason sign
Aleister Crowley-based use of the letter K instead of C in the word "SuperMagik"

SuperMagik lyrics (Not in the video)
You are living at at time of extremism
A time of revolution
A time when there's got to be a change
People in power have misused it
And now there has to be a change
And a better world has to be built
Is with extreme methods
And I for one will join with anyone
Don't care what color you are
As long as you want to change this miserable
Condition that exists on this earth.
Thank you.

(Lyrics in the video
)
Super magik black origin freshly out of dopeness
Definitely out of dopeness, sketch another opus
Knock off your set, Brooklyn we keep 'em open
The heavens expand the stars advance feel the boogieman

Mojo hand healing power like Bang
Snap, I rebuke these snitches
We know the truth, you can't confuse me bitches
Great name, greater than all your riches
Yah Dante Flaco Bey that's the business
Repeat, I rebuke these snitches
We know the truth, you can't confuse me bitches
Strong magic that bust all your wishes
Cherokee Chief rock upon cha rock it don't stop

Shouts to HueyPInLouisV, Haha

Basically, when I first saw this video, I was like "coo video" and I noticed the flashes in it but I didn't think much of it. I thought they were skeletons and what not, no big deal. But upon further review, I think Mos Def may have dropped one of the most important videos in a WHILE.

After a recent "argument" with a group of people on Facebook about the influences and dark agenda that may or may not be in the entertainment industry, I couldn't help but feel more enticed by the subject of "D'Evils" of the music industry. As of late I've been reading and watching and just giving my 3rd eye some exercise.

But back to my point, I think the subtle-blatancy of this video is genius. Mos is definitely addressing all the sudden bold Masonic and satanic symbolism in recent media. Granted there's always been satanic depictions in rock music, but now it seems there's a transition being made into "urban music."

If you were too scared to actually watch the video on Aleister Crowley, here's some relevant cliffnotes:

1. Proclaimed Satanist
2. While in Egypt, he wrote the Anti-Christ version of the Bible, which he claims was dictated to him by the Devil himself.
3. Sacrificed children to Satan.
4. The Father of Satanic influence on pop culture.
5. Referenced/Influences several rock bands such as Black Sabbath, The Cure, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, 311 etc.
6. Hoped to influence an AEON of Anti-Christianity where Satan and basically anarchy and pain reigns.
7. Lived by the quote "Do What Thou Wilt" <---- Might wanna click that (Not scary, I promise.)

Basically, the whole point of me posting this is to stress that you at least, recognize the things you're taking in when watching your favorite music videos. As a person who was a big skeptic of all this "mumbo-jumbo", it's at least beneficial to know why some people are so adamant about this. Everyone isn't crazy. Not trying to make you paranoid, just aware.

*Takes off Kufi & Red Bowtie*

Post a Comment 2 comments:

Post a Comment